Private & Group Latin Dance Lessons
Private Lessons in Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba, Cha Cha, Mambo & Zouk in Christchurch
We recommend that you do both private and group classes to feel the greatest benefit. In a private lesson we go through all little details that we can not attend to in group classes along with any bad habits you may pick up along the way. Every individual has their own special needs but when you are in a group class there is no way of giving as much personal attention as we would like to give, this is why we recommend private lessons as well as classes & social dancing.
- For beginners who want a head start.
- Learn your basics or to improve your fundamental skills
- Learn at your own pace
- Wedding dances
- Hens Nights & small groups for parties etc..
- Iron bad habits
- Combined with group classes, you level with sky rocket.
- Quickly highlight areas that may need more practice.
- If you miss a class or level or two you can use these to catch up.
- Advance yourself to the next level in our classes quickly.
- Advanced dancers or Performers who want BIG moves.
- Choose your dance style you want to learn
- Maybe you want to learn just with a small group of friends.
For progressing to the next level from beginner Salsa, Bachata & Kizomba you would normally do this on the 8th week of the course If you miss a grading or want to advance faster you might need a private grading. Please book a 30min private lesson with a teacher.
For Improvers Salsa dancers who want to progress to Intermediate you will need a 30min private lesson from 2021.
....Read more about gradings & use this page instead here >
Private Lesson Rates
(includes studio hire) If you wish to have a private lesson outside of the studio please contact us regrding this. Depending one what you want, 30 mins can be enough to give you heaps to work on, its like a top up & also good if you miss a class or two. If you want to jump levels or want something more intensive we recommend 1 hour. This is generally 1 teacher and 1 student (1 on 1) or a couple and 1 teacher. You can purchase private lessons online and we will make arrangements via email & txt. Or if you prefer use the booking for below.
- 1 Student w/ 1 Teacher ...................... $45 (per 30mins)
- 2 Students w/ 1 Teacher .................... $45 (per 30mins)
- 2 Couples w/ 1 Teacher ....................... $100 ($25 each)
- For x2 Teachers, add ........................... $45 per 30mins
- Studio hire ........................................... FREE
Group Lesson Rates
These are great for learning or for functions, like birthdays, parties and hens nights. We can also help with booking venues or bars. Also we can help even numbers out if you need more ladies or guys. i.e. helper dancers. This can be a couples lesson or Solo dancing lesson, depended what suits your needs. Please use the booking form below to enquire. The class itself is 55min-1hr and allowing 15-20mins either side of the class for socialising, fun and drinks etc. BYO drinks welcome.
- Group 6 -80 more Students 1hr ................ $300
- Group 80+ Students 1hr ............................ $350
- Studio Hire option ...................................... $50
- Off Site Call out option within Chch ..........$100
- For x2 Teachers, add ................................. $120
Group lesson of 35 students at Salsa Latina studio with 1 teacher such as a hens lesson. $300 + $50 studio fee for 1.5hours total = $350 ($10 per person)
Group Lesson of 80 students in a private hall in an event such as a work function or wedding with 2 teachers. $300 + $100 Call out + $120 = $520 ($6.50 per person)
Hen Latin Dance Lesson
We cater for Entertainment based lesson for small to large groups with one instructor 'male or female' teaching a group of ladies Salsa or Bachata or both in one lesson. No male partners requied. The class itself is 55min-1hr and allowing 15-20mins either side of the class for socialising, fun and drinks etc. BYO drinks welcome. Price as aboves incude the extra studio time. Prices are the same as "Group Lesson Rates" as above. Please use the booking form below to enquire.
We have gift vouchers available at any value. These can be used for Salsa Latina classes, Concession cards, private lessons etc. see the shop for these, they can be emailed or printed to suit. Also Concession Cards themselves can make great gifts for Christmas or Birthdays.
Additionally 1st Free Class is offered with Salsa Latina beginner classes in Salsa, Bachata & Kizomba.
• Bookings are all subject to availability, arranged with individual teachers.
• Payment: Please pay at the beginning of the lesson (the full amount of what is agreed). or by the Store.
• Cancellations: If you have to cancel a booking, please do so at least 24 hours beforehand.
If you don’t cancel the booked lesson within the above named time, there is a late cancellation fee of $20.
• All lessons will be at Salsa Latina Studio, studio hire included.
• Lessons can be arranged outside of this address if required but will incur an extra cost depending on distance.
12 Bath Street,
Christchurch, New Zealand