Private Latin Dance Lessons
Explore the world of Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba, Cha Cha, Mambo, and Zouk with our private lessons in Christchurch, NZ. Typically, a 1-on-1 session involves one teacher and one student. However, we also accommodate couples with one teacher or even small groups.
Take private lessons in Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Cha Cha, Mambo, Kizomba & Zouk with a Salsa Latina instructor. Depending on your preference, a 30-minute session may suffice to provide you with plenty to work on. It's like a quick top-up, and it's also beneficial if you miss a class or two. However, if you want to progress quickly or need a more intensive experience, we recommend booking a 1-hour session. You can easily add an extra 30 minutes to your purchase for the same day or a different day.
In a private lesson, we cover every small detail that can be overlooked in group classes, as well as any bad habits you may have picked up along the way. Each individual has their unique needs, and in group classes, it's impossible to provide the personalized attention we strive to give.
Private Tuition Benefits
- For beginners who want a head start.
- Learn your basics or to improve your fundamental skills
- Learn at your own pace
- Wedding dances
- Hens Nights & small groups for parties etc..
- Iron bad habits
- Combined with group classes, you level with sky rocket.
- Quickly highlight areas that may need more practice.
- If you miss a class or level or two you can use these to catch up.
- Advance yourself to the next level in our classes quickly.
- Advanced dancers or Performers who want BIG moves.
- Choose your dance style you want to learn
- Maybe you want to learn just with a small group of friends.
For progressing to the next level from beginner Salsa, Bachata & Kizomba you would normally do this on the 8th week of the course If you miss a grading or want to advance faster you might need a private grading. Please book a 15min or 30min private grading lesson with a teacher.
....Read more about gradings & you can also book on this page here >
Private Lesson Rates
Depending on your goals, a 30-minute session may be sufficient to provide you with plenty of material to work on. It's perfect for a quick top-up, or if you miss a class or two. However, if you want to progress quickly or require a more intensive experience, we recommend booking a 1-hour session. Private lessons are typically conducted with one teacher and one student (1-on-1) or a couple and one teacher. You can purchase private lessons online, and we will coordinate the details via email and text message. Alternatively, you can use the booking form below if you prefer.
The cost of studio hire is included in the price of private lessons.
If you wish to have a lesson outside of the studio, please contact us below to discuss arrangements
- Private Beginner Grading #1 - 1 Students w/ Robyn, Marcela or Amy) = $25 (per 15mins)
- Private Imp-Int Grading #1 - 1 Students w/ Robyn, Marcela or Amy) = $50 (per 30mins)
- Private Beginner Grading #2 - 1 Students w/ Reuben (Director) = $30 (per 15mins)
- Private Imp-Int Grading #2 - 1 Students w/ Reuben (Director) = $60 (per 30mins)
- Private Tuition #1 - 1 or 2 Students w/ Robyn, Marcela or Amy) = $50 (per 30mins)
- Private Tuition #2 - 1 or 2 Students w/ Reuben (Director) = $60 (per 30mins)
- Private Tuition #1+#2 x2 Teachers ($50+$60) = $110 (per 30mins)
- Group Bookings for more than 2 persons please.... see this page instead >
Terms & Conditions apply*
Step#1 - To book a private lesson use the booking form below
Step#2 - Pay on the day or pay prior via our online store here >
We offer private lessons with a selection of professional teachers, each with varying levels of availability. Please note that amateur teachers are not available for private lessons. Rest assured that all of our teachers are skilled in both leading and following, so you won't need two teachers. You can view each teacher's profile by clicking each name below.
*Terms & Conditions:
• Bookings are all subject to availability, arranged with individual teachers.
• You can pay before you book, if an agreed time isn't met, we will offer a refund.
• All teachers charge the same rate except for the Director.
• Payment: Please pay at the beginning of the lesson (the full amount of what is agreed). or by the online Store.
• Cancellations: If you have to cancel a booking, please do so at least 24 hours beforehand.
If you don’t cancel the booked lesson within the above named time, there is a late cancellation fee of $20.
• All lessons will be at Salsa Latina Studio, studio hire included.
• Lessons can be arranged outside of this address if required but will incur an extra cost depending on distance.