Studio Hire Regulations
Conditions of Use Updated: 22/2/2021
You must sign a hire contract to gain entry. To be a key access holder and enter Salsa Latina Dance Centre.
Please contact us if you wish to become a access holder (aka key holder) to hire Salsa Latina Dance Centre.
(if you are the first to arrive)
- Open door all the way until the magnet catches the main door, make sure the fire door down stairs stays
closed at all times, this reduces gusts of wind upstairs as well.
You may wish to keep it closed if you are practicing alone in the studio. Please don't "lock the door with the bolt from the inside"
Closing the door locks the door from the outside.
- Inactivate Alarm, only if you hear it beep, someone could be in the building. Enter code & hit “enter”
- If you need to lock the door behind you, just close it, don't bolt it as well.
Please check who else is in the building before you leave and make sure if anyone is there, is meant to be. You can check on ical bookings if you have this setup on your iPhone etc.
Last to Leave the Building
The last person to leave Salsa Latina Dance Centre is responsible for ‘All’ studios so please double check the building and the following:
- Make sure the studio is tidy, sweep floor with blue swifter (takes 1 min) if there is no booking after yours.
Then use the use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust from swifter. (both in studio#1 cupboard )
Please keep it clean for the next person. There is cleaning equip & another vac in the ‘cleaning cupboard’ too.
- Property left behind - please put on the coat rack for shoes or coats etc in storage area/locker room.
- Drink bottles & rubbish, if there are any left behind please dispose.
- Turn off PA/Stereo(s), see (stereo details below)
- Turn off fans, Air Conditioning units & heaters etc.
- Check troughout the building If anyone else is in the studio, if there is - check they have studio bookings.
- Turn off & check all lights & fans in each studio are off. Turn off Hall lights, 2 switches in reception.
some are automatic lights like downstairs & stair lights don’t touch them. (if it has tape on it, don’t touch it)
- Windows: Leave them how you find it, we tend to like the windows open for fresh air unless there is a storming coming. Please make sure windows arnt flapping in the wind un hooked, as shining windows damage in the wind and you could be responsible for repairs.
- Set Alarm, simply push “arm”. You have 30 seconds to leave.
- Lock Main door, double check its locked incase its hasn’t closed properly.
Air Conditioning & Heaters
- For Air Conditioning Unit (studio#1) and the remote is on the wall, make sure it goes back there.
- To Turn on studio#1 Air Conditioning Unit, press power button on the remote and flaps will unfold once its on. To turn it off press power button on remote until flaps fold back up.
- For cooling don’t go below 18 degrees as it freezesup the unit and makes it less consistent. Only If its hotter outside close all the windows!
- For heating don’t go above 21 degrees, it doesn’t work like a heater. Or put on Dry for Fan mode for freshness.
- Air Conditioning in studio#2 isn't currently working
- Heater in Reception press for 30mins of heat, it will turn off automatically
- Do not supply your own heater without permission, this could be a fire hazard & you will be responsible.
N.B. If you fail to turn these off when you leave you will be charged $2ph for the extra power used for any heater or air-conditioning units.
- Only turn on/off system from the “Mains Power on the wall” switch (for all studios)
in studio#1 the swtich is above the mixer, in studio#2 the switch is power is under the lights switch.
- Don’t change other settings on the mixer or amp or speaker, please just use the volume on the mixer.
- Keep the volumes down when unplugging and turning off & on. You could damage equipment.
- Locker Room in the Hall area is to be used for everyone to put their gear, change shoes etc, please encourage the use of this area to keep all studios clutter free & clears the room faster when you finish.
- Reception Security. It’s a security issue if studio#2 is being used & Studio#1 is empty, make sure you have someone at reception or lock the main door 10mins after you start your booking if studio#1 is empty. To Lock the front door just close the door, don't use dead bolt lock below the top lock. If you use the bottom dead bolt lock you will prevent anyone entering the building and will occur a call out fee and/or fee from anyone who misses their booking.
- If you move tables or chairs etc, make sure you put them back! Or you will be charged a $20 fee to have them moved back.
- Don’t allow anyone to press-up against mirrors or lean against them they get dirty or might break.
- If using Studio #2 or Studio#3 with sound system going, the doors must remain closed if there are other bookings
- Keep to your time slot. You are only allowed to use this studio when you have a booking, this includes setup.
- Keep to the studio you have booked, Practice rate now included. With the new system from 1st May 2019.
If you arrive prior to the commencement of your time slot, please wait in the reception area without blocking the entrance.
- No Animals, No Candles & open flames or smoke machines are permitted inside anywhere including downstairs.
- Keep the Hall way quiet when there is a class on in studio#1, if you have students or friends chatting down the hall way everyone in studio#1 can hear everything. So please respect the signage down the hall way.
- No Bikes are permitted inside anywhere including downstairs (fire escape hazard). Remove any bikes if found to outside "no exceptions".
- Make sure the fire door downstairs between the main door & stairs must remain closed this is a Fire directive.
- Please don't use reception for dance practice or anything other than a waiting room, dining area or check in space unless prior agreement.
The only exception is if you are hiring the whole venue.
- In general please keep it tidy for the next booking, please throw away any rubbish in the bins from your booking.
- Be aware there are multiple security CCTV cameras & web cameras at Salsa Latina. Only Salsa Latina retain the right to access these recordings for security purposes and cannot be released to a 3rd party without the recorded persons consent.
- Sign up Fee $30, aka Induction - you will only need to do this only once if you need key access.
- Bond may be needed on bookings that need key access which is $40
- Cleaning $70 fee if required, if you leave the place messy a cleaning fee could be added (includes rearrangement of chairs & other items)
- Rubbish Fee of ($50 dumping fee) could also be added if more than 10 litres is left behind.
- Fire Alarm, if this is set off caused by you, you will be liable for call out costs.
- Power Fee, if power is left on i.e. Air conditioning Unit, this will be charged out at $1 per hour.
Studio iCal Booking Links
Subscribe to all 3 studio Booking iCal stuctures, we suggest using the colours as below. You wont be able to book via this system, just viewing only, you'll still need to book via the booking form below. Works best with apple products, iphone & macs, but look online for adding to calendars for PC's & other smart phones & google calendar. Turn off notifications so you are not bombarded with notifcations. Please be aware this does not mean the dance centre is empty when there are no bookings. We will be phasing out the previous Practice Rate and instead put "PR" to reference any practice rate bookings.