Mambo Salsa On2 Dance Classes Christchurch
Mambo Imp/Int Conversion Class
• Mambo Shines & Partnerwork
• Salsa Music & Percussion Theory
• Salsa On1 to On2 conversion
• Level: Improver & above (Salsa / Mambo Level)
★ Salsa Mambo Conversion Class
- Thursday 4th March 8:30pm (1hr)
What is Mambo?
Mambo is Salsa danced on the 2nd count aka ‘Salsa On2’, this style originated from New York. The main thing to remember its still “Salsa” and It’s a very popular style around the world to dance. It happens to be the same style we teach in our regular Salsa classes ‘Salsa On1’, just danced on the first count. The current system taught at Salsa Latina is mainly New York style flavoured and all the shines system is the same too, so it’s just a matter of learning more about the music and how to step in a different way.
Mambo / Salsa On2 Classes will be aimed at Salsa Improvers through to Intermediate and even higher levels will benefit. You will need to have graded as a beginner or be at the improver level or above at Salsa Latina before joining, ideally you would want to be more well into Improvers Salsa on1 before attending Mambo (Salsa On2).
The Salsa On1 system already taught at Salsa Latina is a New York System already. So make sure you are already learning Salsa On1 before trying Mambo. The class will be more heavily focused on Shines aka ‘Footwork’ to start with to aid timing and then partnerwork.
Salsa Int/Adv Includes Mambo
When you progress to Salsa Intermediate / Advanced from 2021 you will learn Salsa On1 & Salsa On2. From Feb 2021 we also teach Salsa On2, Mambo conversion of Shines & Partnerwork, so this conversion class will be very very useful if not a necessity if you plan on doing Salsa at a higher level. To get to Mambo or Salsa On2, you need to learn and master Salsa On1 all the way through to Intermediate Advanced, once you grade from Improvers you can join into this level...more about this level here on the Salsa page >
- Reuben & Marcela
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring a friend?
- Do I need to bring a partner?
- If I'm bringing a partner do I have to swap?
- I have done some classes, do I still join beginners?
- What Level am I? ..where should I start?
- Classes to Easy or to Hard?
- What should I wear?
- Do I need special footwear?.
- Do I need to bring anything?
- How long will it take me to learn to dance well?
- Do I need to Practice?
- Should I use Youtube to help learning?
- Do I need private lessons?
- Latin Dancing & International Latin, what's the difference?.
- Should I Learn Salsa first?
- Am I too young, old, small or big?
- What are the Benefits of Salsa & Latin Dancing?
Salsa Latina Class Prices:
• FREE 1st class; only applies the 1st week of Beginners Course Only.
• No Contracts or joining fees
• No Obligation
• Pay as you go system
• We accept Cash or Paypal & major bank cards (not EFTPOS)
• Casual Rate ...........................................$15 per class
• Blue x5 class Concession card ........... $65 ($13 per class)
• Red x7 class Concession card .............$85 ($12.14 per class)
• Gold x9 class Concession card ...........$105 ($11.66 per class)